Sunday, December 9, 2007

a simple request


Play with me, please. Put down your books, turn off the tv, log off Facebook, stop wandering, stop procrastinating, stop making excuses and play. Let your mind rest and give your body a chance to work. Snow covered mountains crave fresh tracks, caves are waiting to be explored, peaks to be climbed with views that will make problems shrink and wonder grow. Let out your adventure, laugh, fall, twirl, run, climb, ride, free your soul. We have mountains and rivers within an hour’s reach, waterfront only blocks away, dozens of friend’s next-door and healthy bodies that are able to thrive. Allow yourself to be refreshed and remotivated. School-work will get done, it always does. Stop getting sucked into stress, pause life for a few hours, and lets go play.

2 comments:

Lauren Miller said...

I am in. Let's go.

Chris Nicoletti said...

This is an amazing post. I have been biking like Lance Armstrong lately. Today I road up to a vineyard fifteen miles away, had some wine, read my book (not for class) and road back so that I could actually study tonight. When are you done and headed back to P-town?